MacBook keeps freezing since MacOS 10.3.4 beta update

Seems to happen when scrolling in a tab in Chrome on my MacBook.

Mouse pointer freezes and requires me to restart MacBook to unfreeze.

Happens multiple times per time per day.

Anyone able to help me find the cause and prevent? 😟

Replies

My one seems to work fine, I use Chrome for work and Safari for home purposes. Have you tried creating a new profile on Chrome or cleaning the files up?

I have been experiencing similar crashes, multiple times per day. Typically happens when I am typing. First mouse and keybaord stop responding, then eventually screen freeze. Powerdown is the only option. Cannot figure out a pattern ....

I also have been experiencing the lockup when typing (especial when typing fast and especially when using Messaging App) and like everybody else, the keyboard and mouse freeze up and the only way to get function back is to hold down the power button and restart the iMac. I hope they figure this out quickly because the number of errors and damage caused by having to hold down the power button to restart is really bad for your mac and will eventually require a reinstall of the OS as it gets more and more corrupted from this extreme measure.

Have you gotten anywhere with this? The same thing is happening to my Macbook running version 10.13.4 Beta. It seems to happen when I'm using the Messeges app, and specifially when the other person is typing. I use an external monitor for this laptop and Chrome is usually on too, so there could be a connection. I've tried uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling, and doing some disk maintenance. Still happens as long as Messeges is open and someone is typing.

I've got the same problem. Started happening when I installed the 10.13.4 Beta. It happens when I open a link within Chrome. Only thing that helps is hitting the hardware button to restart.

Mine freezes when using Xcode 9.3 Beta 4, can't even try to open a new project, instant freeze of Xcode and seconds later impossible to use the Macbook Pro.

Worse yet on our Mac Mini, impossible to use.

Yep - I have had the same issue since the last OS update. I think it’s linked to Chrome (as I’m always running chrome with two instances and at least 20 tabs open ). For the first time today I had a brief unresponsive dialogue pop up and then the beachball disappeared and my pointer was free again. I suspect it something to with the way memory is being used but I can’t be 100% certain. It’s a pain in the ****

Cannot confirm the link the Chrome. I only used Safari since the update to 10.13.4 and unfortunately I'm having the same issues. Beach ball of death appeared only while browsing. Different apps were running in the background, so I'm not able to find out a pattern either. (MacBook Pro, 2017 with TB)

This is simply unacceptable.

I'm having the same issue. My laptop runs ata crawl then suddenly the beachball that never stops (I waited 35 minutes one time). Hard reboot only option

We have seen and are still seeing this too, some users report this "pause" with the final version of 10.13.4. Especially after starting/logging in in the morning. Any new insights what this could be causing? It is difficult to reproduce.

I have the same issue. with 13.3 Mac mini M2 chip. Were you able to figure out the resource of the issue and a solution?