XCUITest and systems alerts

Hello all guys!

Sorry, maybe issues has already been resolved or I mean questions on this topic have been considered and already there is somewhere an answer.

But!

I'm starting working as Automation Test Enginner with Swift for iOS applications. On my local machine I have Xcode version 9.1 (9B55) and I'm trying testing application on different version iOS. Currently I'm writing tests for iOS version 10.3.3

I facing with issue about handler system alert, for example alert about location.

When user tap into application on some button the system show alert "Allow “My Application Name” to access your location while you use the app?".

I tried diferent variants:

1) - simple variant after recording

let app = XCUIApplication()

app.alerts["Allow “My Application Name” to access your location while you use the app?"].buttons["Allow"].tap()

But after launch I have error:

UI Test Activity:

Assertion Failure: <unknown>:0: No matches found for Find: Descendants matching type Alert from input {(

Application, 0x17019db50, pid: 522, label: 'My Application Name'

)}

2) -simple variant with addUIInterruptionMonitor

let allowButtonPredicate = NSPredicate(format: "label == 'Always Allow' || label == 'Allow'")

_ = addUIInterruptionMonitor(withDescription: "Allow “My Application Name” to access your location while you use the app?") { (alert) -> Bool in

let alwaysAllowButton = alert.buttons.matching(allowButtonPredicate).element.firstMatch

if alwaysAllowButton.exists {

alwaysAllowButton.tap()

return true

}

return false

}

But after launch I see that code does not enter this area 😟

Could someone please help me with how can I handler system alerts?

Thanks

Replies

The UI Interruption approach is the way to go here. If you're finding that there's a specific system alert that you can't interact with, first try testing for that specific system alert on the latest iOS version, and if that also does not work, please file a bug report with a reproducible test case for that specific system alert.