Will price change keep the old price for existing customers even when upgrading to a plan which is in the same subscription group?

We have a subscription group with multiple auto renewal subscriptions. As we are planning to do a price change (increase), we need to make sure of one thing. Lets say there are two auto renewal subscriptions (A & B) in the group. We do our price increase for both plans with keeping current price for existing customers. After the price increase, if one of those existing customer who subscribed to plan A upgrades to plan B, will he/she pay the old price of B or the new increased price of B?

Accepted Reply

I've asked this question through iTunes Connect. Apple said, the new increased price will be charged from the customer.

Replies

>keeping current price for existing customers

In what you describe, all customers will see a price increase the next time their subscription comes up for renewal. They will need to confirm that they agree to the new price before the autorenewable subscription will autorenew.

If you want to keep the price the same for existing customers you need to update the app and switch to all new IAPs with the new prices. Hide the current IAPs with the old prices so only preexisiting customers can continue to renew them at the old prices.

Thanks for your answer. But, iTunes Connect has an option to increase the price while keeping current price for existing customers. If we keep the price for both plans what price the customer pay when he/she uprades. This is my actual question.

I've asked this question through iTunes Connect. Apple said, the new increased price will be charged from the customer.

"If you increase the price of your subscription while keeping existing subscribers at their current price, subscribers will be charged their usual price at renewal."

ref: https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/apps/faq/In-App%20Purchases_Auto-Renewable%20Subscriptions#50177398