Rejected because app uses same icon?

Well this is new... the Lite version of one of my apps was just rejected because "We noticed that your app icon is identical to the icons of other apps already submitted to the App Store. Apps that use the same icon make it difficult for users to find apps and are considered a form of spam."

How on earth is it spam as both apps come from my company! Since 2008 I have been submitted several apps, often in pairs (a free and paid version). Where each pair uses the same artwork for branding purposes. The app name's have the same root (start) and the lite version is suffixed with "Lite". So at most, there are two apps with the same unique artwork from my company.

Anyone else dealing with this? I just submitted an appeal.

Replies

By definition, spam IS mutltiple similar apps from the same company. Apple seems to be getting more strict about having multiple apps -- you may have to make some small changes to one of your icons.

See https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/93380

I have same issues but my problem is we just change account release for similar app but old account we just submitted for review then we don't public app to store. Then I release app with new account apple rejected it. How can we fix this case?