How to have wkwebview rerequest for site data?

Hi all, im building an app for a satellite internent connection. the fatest the internet is is 2.4kbps (yea ik right). the issue im having is api requests are sent to start the internent call but the wk webview is giving error:

Could not signal service com.apple.WebKit.Networking: 113: Could not find specified service

with the network activity all that is coming here is the API XML responces from the Satellite wifi puk i see no external data coming after the API responces sent or received.......

im trying to figure out how to make webview rerequest site load and edit the time out! if this is possible please edit the code for my wkwebview below to reflect what changes i have to make... i would love to learn but having the code in the right place in mine will help me learn best! Thanks guys!

import Foundation
import UIKit
import WebKit
class supportViewController: UIViewController, WKUIDelegate {

var webView: WKWebView!

override func loadView() {
        let webConfiguration = WKWebViewConfiguration()
        webView = WKWebView(frame: .zero, configuration: webConfiguration)
        webView.uiDelegate = self
        view = webView
    }
    override func viewDidLoad() {
        super.viewDidLoad()

let myURL = URL(string: "https://google.com")
        let myRequest = URLRequest(url: myURL!)
        webView.load(myRequest)
        self.navigationController?.isNavigationBarHidden = false
    }}

Replies

im trying to figure out how to make webview rerequest site load and edit the time out!

As far as I know there’s no way to do this directly. There’s probably some alternative approach you could take, but it’s hard to offer concrete advice without knowing more about the background of your issue. The example you posted was loading a generic Internet start point, but that’s clearly just a simplified test case because there’s no way that general-purpose web browsing is going to work over such a slow link. Can you explain more about the sort of data you’re planning to display in the web view?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"