DisplayPort on Thunderbolt 3 dock broke after update

After updating to 10.13.4 developer beta 1, DisplayPort on my Thunderbolt 3 Toshiba dock stopped working.

When attaching a display, the screen blinks, like it briefly detects, but doesn't appear in MacOS. It does mess up wallpapers on my desktops when connected, though (some of them start showing clear blue background, Win95-style! 🙂).

Also, HDMI sound output seems to work and shows the display, it's just the graphics that doesn't work.

I'll try attaching it directly to my Macbook if I find the right cable somewhere.

Anyone else?

Replies

Same here...HDMI and DisplayPort both stopped working on Thunderbolt 3 dock. All other connections (power, USB mouse/keyboard, Sound) seem to be working

Same for me

Just create feedback assistant case #3968522

Dock - dell wd15

DisplayPort connection to Dell U2713H

I have the same issue, in addition to external monitors from USB dock not working (both Display port and HDMI on HP 3005pr - which worked prior to update), the laptop screen started flickering really badly. It looks a bit like its switching back and forth to previous picture, and current one. Windows that are in background come to front and go back and so on. Hard to describe in text.

Sent video to apple ofcourse.

Same here with the WD15.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 beta 2 (17E150f) was released February 6, 2018.

The problem still exists?

So, I upgraded to Beta 2 and was still seeing the graphic issues. I decided to start uninstalling anything on my system that had to do with graphics that doesn’t come with macOS, and first on the list is: Displaylink. I uninstalled using the display link uninstalled and all my graphics issues appear to have cleared up.

Problem still exists in macOS 10.13.4 beta 5 (17E182a)

Looks line nobody care about it.

The issue was fixed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 beta 6 (17E190a)!

My DP port and monitor works fime now!

Confirmed fixed in latest beta 6!

hmmm, not fixed completely I guess

today it would just blink endlessly until I turned off GPU switching, then it started working

that's pretty sad...

Did you update your Bug with Feedback Assistant?

What do mean by turn off GPU switching?

I recommend filling out a Bug report.

This is only way Apple would know about the issue.

Feedback Assistant:

"Bug forms now send real-time information and files along with the information you select in the form. In order for us to receive the most relevant information, please reproduce the problem you are having and immediately file feedback."