for dictionary which way is better ?

hey comrades.

i want to create dictionary app. for store data ( words and means ) i use txt file or core data ?

which one is better ?

tnx

Replies

'better' might depend on your/your skills. To begin with, CD is non-trivial, and is not a data store/type - not sure it compares directly with a txt file, as an example. From the docs*:

"Core Data is a framework that you use to manage the model layer objects in your application. It provides generalized and automated solutions to common tasks associated with object life cycle and object graph management, including persistence."

Unless you already have the skill set to work with CD, you might find it 'better' / easier to use a txt file for now, then move up later as you gain the necessary skills, etc.

Otherwise, from a technical standpoint, it would help if you talked about your data - how much, what type of app (iOS; macOS...?) it will be used in, if it will be static or change with use, how many users, what type of security, will it be local or remote, etc, etc.

*Reference: What Is Core Data?

Tags: Core Data Forum

This really sounds like one of those "How do I get to Hollywood?" questions.

If you make a dictionary app using a text file, you're going to discover that implement the app, start adding words, and you're going to hit a point where you discover all of the performance and memory requirement problems in the approach.

If you make a dictionary app using Core Data, you're going to have a lot of up-front learning and self-improvement to do. Because CoreData is complicated, and is complicated because it's addressing problems you don't know about yet.