No paired Apple Watch

Hey, can't seem to get my apps to run on Apple Watch anymore. Selecting devices next to the scheme selection always gives me

iPhone (no paired Apple Watch

So far I've tried

• installing High Sierra
  • restarting my Mac
  • restarting my iPhone and my Watch
  • clearing Xcode caches, derived data
  • deleting /Users/Alex/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS Device support
  • unpairing and re-paring Apple Watch

I've also been getting Xcode notifications that ask me to unlock my Apple Watch although it's been locked, those messages also came after restarting my Watch.

Anyone else experiencing this? There are tons of threads on this from 2015 when everyone started doing Apple Watch stuff but also some from 2016, there must be something I am missing or this is a serious bug here.

• Dear apple team, Why don't you find proper solution to solve this issue. 3-4 years back in 2017 I got this issue several time, and now in 2021 I still get the same issue. it takes lots of time, that is total wastage of time.

we need to do all these step manually 1 - turn off your watch 2 - turn off you device 3 - quit your xcode

4 - turn on your device, enter passcode once reboot 5 - turn on your watch 6 - turn on your xcode 7 - try

Add a Comment

Replies

I also have this problem. It is frustrating when your devices are otherwise communicating fine.

The most popular problem, based on things I've read, is authorizing the machine on the Apple Watch. This dialog will appear once and if you miss it you might need to re-pair it with the phone for it to appear. It is not a very forgiving user experience. But as developers I suppose we are used to these things.

The other issue that I am having, is getting the phone to wirelessly connect. Randomly turning networking on and off (phone and Mac) and restarting Xcode seems to fix it. I have also noticed that sometimes, when my phone then finally connects, the watch will not show as paired in Xcode.

I speculate that this might be because the phone connects to Xcode before it is connected to the watch. Anyway, these things are pretty sad. Hoping for the best in the new point release.

Hey, meanwhile I got it to work about 3 times since, by doing pretty much what you've mentioned in your post. It's so annoying and I don't get why Apple can't give us an error code or something. Like, the error message isn't just misleading, it's plan wrong - what value are they reading if they think that an iPhone that can be pinged by the watch, has a watch that has trusted the computer still gives the "Sorry, you haven't paired it"-message?

Please, Apple, just one more detailled error description so we know what to do.

I can't believe that this is still happening - Xcode 9.4.1!

Every morning, when donning the watch after charging it overnight, I have to go through a seemingly random set of ops to get Xcode to recognize the watch.

Apple...get your act together. Get your software to be more open and tell us what is missing!

I'm wasting serious amounts of time and patience.

I still don't have a sequence that fixes the issue.

Same problem with XCode 10.1, AppleWatch 4, Watch OS 5.1.1.

get message:

App installation failed

The host is not paired with the device.

Has anyone solved it ?

I read this SO, but no success

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30792520/in-xcode-i-see-no-paired-apple-watch-even-though-the-watch-is-paired-and-the-w

Yes, just fixed the same issue.

This ******* forum keeps telling me my step-by-step instructions have unspecified "invalid characters" so I can't post it.

Unplug iPhone. Close XCode. Close iTunes. Delete test app from iPhone. Restart Watch. Plug in iPhone. Open iTunes (or XCode?).

When Watch asks to Trust This Computer select Trust and enter your PIN. Should work.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of mc01 Down vote reply of mc01

Usually replugging and/or restarting the phone works for me but today I had to remove all files in

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport/
(as suggested by https://stackoverflow.com/a/33702716/384349). Hope this helps.