Is there a way to make embedded binaries configuration-specific?

My situation is that I have a pair of iOS frameworks in binary form. One is a release build and the other a debug build of the same codebase. They exist with the same bundle/file name but in different directories within the release package.

My goal is to embed the matching binaries in my app so that the debug framework is inside the debug version of the app and the release framework is inside the release version.

I have searched for ways to specify an embedded binary in some configuration-specific way without luck. I've thought about some way to use the FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS macro as part of the path specification but haven't found one.

Is there a way to do this that I've missed, without getting into preprocessing scripts?

Replies

>without getting into preprocessing scripts?

My suggestion would be to bifurcate the target - create two same-only-different build-centric targets - one for debug and one for release. This would result in two apps, one project, of course, so if one app is mandated, then it wouldn't help.

I think this same question came up last week, tho - I'll get back if I spot it.

Ken

Yes, You can handle it by adding a "copy" step in the build pharse, then you choose the frameworks you want to embed. Remember set the distination to "Frameworks"