What do I need to submit updates to an existing app?

I'm about to submit an update to an app that's already on the App Store. However, I don't have access to the developer account that originally uploaded the app. So I don't have a provisioning profile that matches the bundle identifier. I do though have access to the iTunes Connect page and thereby the app's bundle identifier as well as App ID.

If I purchase a developer account, will I then be able to create a new provisioning profile / certificate that will allow me to submit updates to the app (based on the bundle identifier or App ID)? If not, what else can I do?

Replies

Updates need to be submitted using the same bundle ID (and if same country, the same name) as the parent app, which needs to belong to the Developer Program account used to submit that update.

Another/new account won't work unless the bundle ID is transferred to it as part of an app transfer. See this link [ App Transfer Overview ], but if you don't have access to the original account/dev in a required manner, you can't update that app.

_________

Tags: https://developer.apple.com/support/itunes-connect/