Getting KEXT signing key

How long does it take to get approved / denied for a kernel extension signing key? I applied on November 8th, 2017 and haven't heard anything back, is there anyway I can check on the status of my request?

Replies

I applid on 09,26,2017, but has not been authorized yet !!!!!!! 😢😢😢

Tracktion wrote:

How long does it take to get approved / denied for a kernel extension signing key?

It can take a while. This thread has some recent info on that topic.

is there anyway I can check on the status of my request?

No )-: If you email me your follow-up number (my address is in my signature), I can have a quick peek at the request to make sure that it’s not got misrouted. However, I need to set up expectations up front:

• I can see these requests but I’m not involved in the approval process.

• 99% of the time my response to such queries is that the request is still pending approval from the folks who are responsible for that.

Gavin leen wrote:

I applid on 09,26,2017, but has not been authorized yet

The above-mentioned thread has my response to that as well.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

We have a codeless kernel extension and applied for KEXT signing approval Dec. 4, 2017. Its been 6 weeks and we haven't heard anything. Why should it take that long for a codeless kernel extension? Are the requests just handled in the order received with no triage? We have customers waiting on a fix for this. I have replied with the followup ID but can get no status for the approval.

Why should it take that long for a codeless kernel extension?

I can’t discuss specific cases here on DevForums. Please follow the advice from my 11 Jan post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'm also applying for a codeless kext signature. I'm just matching a USB device's vid/pid to the appropriate driver. I understand the reasons they'd want to scrutinize actual kernel extensions with actual code, but it's simply unacceptable for there to be such an unprofessional system for reviewing these requests: no status updates, no estimate for how long a response will take...

Apple has aggressively promoted High Sierra to its customers, so they should do everything possible to assist their developers in supporting High Sierra.

What are we supposed to do? Tell our customers to disable System Integrety Protection in order to make their High Sierra systems compatible with hardware they'd been happily using under Sierra?

Is there some other API or trick or magic incantation we can use in lieu of a codeless kext to accomplish USB device to driver mapping?

We also applied for a codeless kext signing approval on Feb. 8th, 2018.

I was wondering whether you got the approval, in the end.

We also applied for a codeless kext signing approval on Jan. 18th, 2018.

.Why should it take that long for a codeless kernel extension? I was wondering whether you got the approval!!!

This is utterly ridiculous. I applied and got e-mail confirmation of my request on February 2nd, 2018.

EIGHTY THREE DAYS LATER not a single peep from Apple.

How do they expect anybody to develop hardware for Mac with terrible support like this?

83 days and counting, with no further response from Apple.

I'm going to go try to figure out how to escalate this.