Replaykit quality

Is it just me or is the quality of recording using replay kit really poor? Beta 1 only recorded a square and beta 2 recorded the whole screen but beta 3 has not improved on this, hopefully it does improve but wondered if anyone got crystal clear recording?

Replies

The recordings I have made are all very poor quality as well, my guess is they are using some new compression methods (I couldn't view the resulting exported video without OSX 10.11) and hopefully they'll tweak it to look better or allow us to specify some quality settings

Experiencing months later the exactly same problems: very poor recording quality. Any reaction from Apple on this problem? Should't be easy to simply record in raw format...as an option at least? I have the feeling that - here in the forum - the ReplayKit questions are simply...ignored. It would be great if one of the Apple engineers could give a short feedback on this. Currently, ReplayKit is rather new and so not that popular at the moment. But ignoring the problems won't make things better for ReplayKit.

Your comment was from a couple of years ago now, but I'm just giving ReplayKit a try now and seeing the same issue. Even using their new iOS11 startCaptureWithHandler method which sends you sample buffers and piping those into a high bitrate AVAssetWriterInput, the quality is just kind of bad. Did you ever get any input from the devs on this issue?