Why do I need to accept a "Paid Applications" contract when updating my free apps?

Details:

I submitted some free applications before. Now I try to update one of the free applications, and iTunes Connect main page display this to me:

Review the updated Paid Applications Schedule.

In order to update your existing apps, create new in-app purchases, and submit new apps to the App Store, the user with the Legal role (Team Agent) must review and accept the Paid Applications Schedule (Schedule 2 to the Apple Developer Program License Agreement) in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking module.

To accept this agreement, they must have already accepted the Apple Developer Program License Agreement in their account on the developer website.

So I follow the link above (the link text are underlined) and arrive at "iTunes Connect" > "Agreements, Tax, and Banking" page.

In the "Agreements, Tax, and Banking" page:

My "Contracts In Effect" section has a "Free Applications" type contract.

My "Request Amendments" section has a "Paid Applications" type contract and in that contract row, I have a clickable "Requst" button.

To update my free application, it seems like I have only one way to reach the goal - by pressing that request button and acept the agreement that shows up immediately.

1) But, my apps are free, why do I must accept a "Paid Applications" type contract, shouldn't I have the options to review and accept a "Free Applications" contract?

2) How does the "Paid Applications" type contract differs compared to a "Free Applications" type contract?

3) Do I need to pay anything extra?

4) Is there any extra responsibility I need to carry?

5) If we must accept "Paid Applications" contract, then why do we have a "Free Applications" contract in the first place?

I'm a bit unclear about the how these contract and agreement works and the forum doesn't seem to have an answer for this question yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Accepted Reply

To answer my own questions:

1) But, my apps are free, why do I must accept a "Paid Applications" type contract, shouldn't I have the options to review and accept a "Free Applications" contract?

It turns out someone in our team have requested a 'Paid Application Contract', that's why we see this.

2) How does the "Paid Applications" type contract differs compared to a "Free Applications" type contract?

paid one is for submiting a paid app on Apple store, the free one is for free app

I'm not sure (I think the answer is no)

not sure

5) If we must accept "Paid Applications" contract, then why do we have a "Free Applications" contract in the first place?

I don't think you have to accept the paid application. However I cannot see a way of cancelling the contract myself, so probably just contact apple directly.

Replies

To answer my own questions:

It turns out someone in our team have requested a 'Paid Application Contract', that's why we see this.

paid one is for submiting a paid app on Apple store, the free one is for free app

I'm not sure (I think the answer is no)

not sure

I don't think you have to accept the paid application. However I cannot see a way of cancelling the contract myself, so probably just contact apple directly.

Everyone accepts both the free & paid contracts, read, digest & click, get rich.

That everyone does it, is not an acceptable response.

Can you give us another more accurate answer?

Did you end up contacting Apple to remove it, or just accepting the new agreement? I ask, because I would like to contact Apple to remove it and was wondering who I should contact.

Use the 'Contact Us' link below...it's a decision tree vs. specific points of contact.

I had this same issue and also was confused because my company has no paid apps. I asked apple support to retract the paid app contract request but they said they couldn't and had us fill it out anyway.

Anchur,

I've got the same problem. Have you find an issue ?
I can't update my free apps and I don't have paid apps.

Have you accept "Paid Applications" contract ?
Have you been able to update your free apps ?

Due to the contract not yet accepted in the apple account, Can we not push any new build from Xcode to Appstore connect? It fails whenever we push a build from Xcode. Should I fill up the payment details for the contract?

>Should I fill up the payment details for the contract?

Are incomplete applications something you normally avoid with success?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
This just happened to us.
  • The agreement is only provided if someone in your account requests it.

• I contacted apple support, and as of the writing of this post, they are unable to cancel it once it has been requested, it must be filled out from that point on.

Is banking details required to accept the agreement? My company does not want to provide their bank details since they only offer a free app. (This should be fixed.)

I encountered such a problem, I just solved what I did, I logout from my account. and I login it again, and my issue gone.