APFS crash after failed High Sierra update

Hi,

Could you please help me resolve following problem:

I have MacBook Pro (early 2011), recently during an update of High Sierra(not update to High Sierra from previous version, but ordinary auto update), my computer lost power because of low battery. Since that my computer can't see SSD with the system. I run recovery mode, but on my computer recovery mode is based on OSX Lion, so it can'r see an APFS drive. I run the disk utility from the bootable High Sierra USB - it can see the APFS partition, but it is corrupted - can't be mounted and repair utitily doesn't work. I tried to run fsck -y command, but it didn't help either. Fsck shows following problems:

** Checking volume.

** Checking the container superblock.

** Checking the EFI jumpstart record.

** Checking the space manager.

** Checking the object map.

** Checking the APFS volume superblock.

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_last_mod_time is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_formatted_by.timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_modified_by[0].timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_modified_by[1].timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_modified_by[2].timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_modified_by[3].timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_modified_by[4].timestamp is invalid (.....), is greater that current time (...)

** Checking object map.

error: btn:1: invalid key order (1) oid 621715 / oxid 0

Object map is invalid.

** the volume /dev/disk2 could not be verified completely

If you have any idea how to resolve this problem, please share 🙂

Best,

Mateusz

Replies

I run the disk utility from the bootable High Sierra USB - it can see the APFS partition, but it is corrupted …

Oi vey! that’s not good.

Alas, you’re asking for help in the wrong place. DevForums is a place to discuss developer-level issues, like Apple’s developer tools and the APIs in our various platform SDKs. It’s not the best place to seek user-level help. You should repost your question over on the Apple Support Communities, run by AppleCare. Alternatively, you can escalate this via an official AppleCare support channel.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"