How can I view the Development-server private data for my iCloud test account in the CloudKit Dashboard?

When developing a CloudKit application, the standard recommendation is to create an iCloud account for testing. That makes a lot of sense as I’d like to keep developing code far from my personal iCloud account. But the CloudKit Dashboard won’t let me view the private database for that account. What do other people do to check their work?

* clarification: I mean on the development server, not the production server.

Replies

You can check the private database for the one account of the developer who openned the CloudKit dashboard.

I could, if I logged into my simulator's iCloud using my own account. The CK docs recommend using a test account, which doesn't square with the security rules. I prefer not to use my account because that just increases the risk I might ***** up my personal production database data. Guess I'm just being paranoid.

Fortunately, I don't need atomicity so I can use the public database and a test account for now.

@LogicalLight

Usually a Apple developer account is different from the Personal Apple account

Normally you would only be able to see only your own private data (meaning only the Apple Developer account's data)

New Feature

• Now there is a way to view your personal account's private data by tapping on Act As iCloud Account…
  • You would need to provide credentials and view your personal private data

Steps

1. Go to CloudKit Console > Database > Select your container
  2. Sidebar would have a link / button called Act As iCloud Account…
  3. Tap that and provide credentials for your personal account

Thanks to the Apple CloudKit team for this awesome feature without compromising privacy!