Use of undeclared type (kUTTypeUTF8PlainText)

Using the following class as an example. Trying to add the new 'Drag and Drop' functionality to an existing Collection View. My model was a 'struct', and I'm trying to change it to a 'class'. Following the WWDC 2017 #227 - Data Delivery with Drag and Drop video, I cannot get the UTI to take.

import MobileCoreServices

class NumberStore1: NSObject, NSItemProviderReading {
    var number: String
    var isPurged: Int
    var isSelected: Int = 0
    // next line has error in Xcode: Use of undeclared type 'kUTTypeUTF8PlainText'
    static var readableTypeIdentifiersForItemProvider: [kUTTypeUTF8PlainText as String]
    required init(itemProviderData data: Data, typeIdentifier: String) throws {
        super.init()

}
    static func object(withItemProviderData data: Data, typeIdentifier: String) throws -> Self {

}
}

I imported the MobileCoreServices framework, and still cannot get Xcode to accept the type.

Ideas to fix appreciated

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

Your declaration looks odd to me. The variable can't be typed as an array of a specific instance.

Shouldn't it be declared as...

static var readableTypeIdentifiersForItemProvider: [CFString]

...or...

static var readableTypeIdentifiersForItemProvider = [kUTTypeUTF8PlainText]

...if you want to assign a value instead of just declaring it?

Replies

>I imported the MobileCoreServices framework

Adding and importing are two separate things, and you need to do both - assuming you meant you 'added' the framework to your project, show where this line is in your code...

#import <MobileCoreServices/MobileCoreServices.h>

If you actually meant that you imported and that line is where it should be, then you need to add the framework - see Xcode Help for that process.

I think the error means you need to add that line of code, tho.

I'd also perform an option-clean build folder once those are done.