iOS11.2.5 beta: Silent notifications rejected because of assumed "poor" network quality

Hi,

i'm experimenting with an app that requires to do something in response to a sporadic silent push notification. iOS is 11.2.5 on an iPhone 7.

It seld works. I know it's not guaranteed to work always, but looking at the device logs I find these lines each time I send a test push notification:

Dec 23 17:35:26 Mys-iPhone-7 dasd(DuetActivitySchedulerDaemon)[110] <Notice>: com.apple.pushLaunch.it.xxxx..xxxx.dev:450160:[
  {name: NetworkQualityPolicy, policyWeight: 11.400, response: {Decision: Must Not Proceed, Score: 0.00, Rationale: [{[wifiQuality]: Required:100.00, Observed:50.00},{[cellQuality]: Required:100.00, Observed:50.00},{[networkPathAvailability]: Required:1.00, Observed:1.00},]}}
], FinalDecision: Must Not Proceed}

I'm at hone, 3 meters from my wifi router, and the 4G signal is full. So why the system is telling me that observed Cell and Wifi is 50%?

Of course the Final Decision is Must Not Proceed, so the push notification is not delivered to the app (it.***.xxxx.dev it's my app)..

Any idea?

Thanks

Replies

>Any idea?

Might want to move/copy this to theiOS 11 beta forum.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT