PHImageManager requestLivePhotoForAsset with PHImageRequestOptionsVersionOriginal returns the edited version

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the original version of an edited live photo from the Photo LIbrary.
To do so, I am calling the code below.
I tried different combination of targetSize / contentMode / deliveryMode and PHLivePhotoRequestOptions.version but nothing change: PHImageManager always returns the edited version.

For the same photo, calling PHImageManager.requestImageForAsset with PHImageRequestOptions.version set to PHImageRequestOptionsVersionUnadjusted or PHImageRequestOptionsVersionOriginal returns the original version.

- (PHLivePhotoRequestID)retrieveLivePhotoFromAsset:(PHAsset *)asset
                                 completionHandler:(void (^)(PHLivePhoto * _Nullable livePhoto))completionHandler {
    PHImageManager *imageManager = [PHImageManager defaultManager];
    PHLivePhotoRequestOptions *livePhotoRequestOption = [[PHLivePhotoRequestOptions alloc] init];
    livePhotoRequestOption.deliveryMode = PHImageRequestOptionsDeliveryModeOpportunistic;
    livePhotoRequestOption.networkAccessAllowed = NO;
    if (asset.sncr_edited == YES) {
        livePhotoRequestOption.version = PHImageRequestOptionsVersionOriginal;
    }

return [imageManager requestLivePhotoForAsset:asset
                                       targetSize:PHImageManagerMaximumSize
                                      contentMode:PHImageContentModeDefault
                                          options:livePhotoRequestOption
                                    resultHandler:^(PHLivePhoto * _Nullable livePhoto, NSDictionary * _Nullable statusInformation) {
                                        completionHandler(livePhoto);
    }];
}

Does anybody see the same or is ther a specific combination of parameter to set to get the original version of an edited photo?

Thanks.

Replies

I forgot to say: I am on iPhone 7+, iOS 11.2.1