Bonjour service can not be find in iOS11

Hi,

My iOS App is used to access a dash-camera via camera's WiFi (AP mode). In the camera, there is a bonjour service(using avahi library). With iOS9 & iOS10, the app works very well. But in the past 2 weeks, many users report that they have connect issue: the camera can not be found any more. All their phones are iOS11.x. From the app's log, I find that the camera's bonjour service is not in the list. At the same time, if switch the iPhone to Airplane mode, then enable WiFi and connect to the camera's AP, the camera's bonjour service is found. It's so weird, once quit airplane mode, the service disappeared. The issue does not occour with every iOS11 device, I can not reproduce it with all iOS devices in my hand. So could anybody give me some clue about how to fix this?

Thanks!

Replies

You're certainly not the only one to have problem with Bonjour on IOS11.

Read this

h ttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/8072829

with maybe a practical solution to configure properly IOS at the bottom of page 1:

Nov 12, 2017 2:24 AM in response to Kenneth Hayden

See this article What is Bonjour? - Apple Support

Open airport utility via spotlight and open its preferences ( use command and comma to open preferences ) .

Check the box of monitor air port base stations over the internet using Bonjour .

Thanks you! But I still don't know how should I do to let the iOS app find the camera😟

Have you figured out a resolution to this? I have numerous similar issues.