xcode 9 - all of the sudden no debug session for watch app

All of the sudden, when I build my watch app it installs it to the watch and phone (real devices, not simulators) it installs correcty and says it's running but it doesn't run on the watch. None of my STDOUT or NSLog messages appear in the xcode console and the debug pane says No Debug Session. This was working fine before. When I look at the Run scheme it says enable Debug for target. I've tried restarting the devices, repairing the watch, and uninstalling the app on the phone and watch. I can manually start the app on the watch and it runs but still nothing shows up in the debug console in xcode.

Replies

Have you found a solution to this? I'm having the same issue. The app gets installed and then it says Finished Running WatchKit App on the device. It was working prior to upgrading my phone to ios 11.2.2. I have also tried unpairing, uninstalling the app, and restarting with no luck. I have confirmed that the app is being installed each time.

An update on this - I created some breakpoints in my code and was able to get the application to run on the watch in simulator mode. After removing the breakpoints, the app also attached to the watch and would run in simulator mode and displayed debugging information.

Thx

I'm running to the same issue. Unfortunately, I'm working with CoreBluetooth- and can't debug over simulator. When I run a simple app that writes to a label, I see my debug statements on the console when deploying to a simulator. The minute I switch over to a real device, I can't debug and breakpoints don't even work. The funny thing is my watch os app is still updated. The real problem is how to effectively debug on xcode when using a real device. I've updated xcode, and all my software. Paired and upaired my device. Downloaded the profile for watch os on my phone. Nothing is working. I'm on watch 0s 6.1.1, xcode 11.3.1 . If there is some solution that I missed, I'll be happy to try. Apple doesn't cover this bug or incident on their docs or how to solve. I want to be able to see my logs, even if my app doesn't crash.

EDIT: Preface, a few days ago when I was working in CoreBluetooth and building an app, the console on XCode worked- I was able to see all my devices, debug statements, and such when I deployed to a real device. Even when not working in CoreBluetooth and just building a simple app, the debug statements worked on the console when I deployed it to a real device.

It's just recently, like last night, I ran into this problem. I can't find the solution or WHY this is happening.

We see this pretty frequently. It will be working fine, then all of a sudden it stops.

Sometimes it can be restored by using an app on the watch that requires the phone (the Camera Watch app for example), then trying to run another debug session.