Sales don't match Financial Report

Hello!

I've just received a financial report for November (Fiscal period is from 5 Nov to 2 Dec) and it doesn't match the Sales numbes for the same period of time.

Sales show $7700 but Financial report shows only about $4500. The difference is so big. Why? I checked the refunds in Sales reports and the number is really small. Where is my $3200? Differences not only in income, but also in the number of purchases made by users. In Sales I see about 4900 purchases but in Financial report for November (Fiscal period 5 Nov - 2 Dec) I see only 1568. Where is the rest?

Please help me to understand what is wrong with these reports.

Replies

DId you have a lot of downloads or sales near the first or last day of that time period?

It seems to me that it takes a different amount of time (sometimes timezone differences, sometimes multiple days) for downloads to be recognized than for revenue to be recognized by the various different reporting systems, so stuff from one period will appear in a prior or later period between the various daily and monthly reports.

The same in my case, Proceeds from the Sales and Trends tab differ on 54%. Financial Report cut the revenue more than twice.

I use auto-renewable in-app purchases.

How come?!

No, the growth started in the middle of the month.

The same, I also use auto-renewable in-apps.

same problem. around $1500 diffrent from sales. This month diffrent is huge amount. why is that. ? Anybody have any answer for this isue.

Yes, I've experienced the same issue. About a 35% difference in proceeds on the sales and trends page vs financial reports. I have raised an incident with Apple, but am yet to hear back. Have you heard anything? Has it been resolved?

Experience same issue. Experiencing near a 40% difference between Sales & Trends and the Financial Report from the 2017 11/05 - 12/02.

I usually experience 5-10% differences which is understandable, but this is a lot higher than expected. Anybody receive any answers?

I'm currently angry, lost for words.

Apples financial reports state that 30th decembert to 2nd feb is the january month for payments.

I made 2300 in proceeds during that time.

I've been paid 1600.

What on earth is happening? is that money gone? Do I get it next month? I've asked Apple and got no response.

Did you eventually get paid the right amount?

Any word from Apple on this? I am experiencing the same issue, unfortunately.

I have the same problem. I was thinking maybe it is only about me but seems many people are facing this. Another case is that my sales dropped more than half since 11th. So, my problems are:

1- proceeds are not matching subscription amounts

2- sales dropped after 11 April which is very weird since U didnt update the app or changed anything in it.

I dont have an explanation either. But I observed that there is strange pattern if you compare sales vs. what apple pays in the end over a long period of time.

Over the time of almost 2 years, I observed that the ratio of what I "should" get to what I really get is significantly higher every 3rd month.

Jan 93% <<

Feb 75%

Mar 70%

Apr 93% <<

May 72%

Jun 73%

Aug 94% <<

Sep 78%

Dec 70%

The next year is very similar.

I just found the answer. It is really the fiscal mothns which consist of only 4 weeks and every third month consists of 5 weeks.

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/jumpTo?page=fiscalcalendar

>It is really the fiscal mothns

Correct, thanks. There is a reason the daily are called sales reports and the monthly are called financial reports.

And why, as has been pointed out over and over again in the past, and via ASC Help, it is a rookie mistake to use daily -sales- reports for anything more than a casual reference in terms of paid revenue. If you'd not put so much weight on the daily reports, you'd not be chasing the offsets.

I observed that the ratio of what I "should" get to what I really get

There is no 'should' in that example.. As attention getting as they can be each day, simply use them as general activity indicators, not as anything having to do with revenue/monies in your pocket. Not sure why it took you 2 years, but once you align expectations, you'll be a much happier dev.

Do not be surprised should they differ and don't bother making any direct comparisons. The monthlies provide the only actionable data in this regard.