12 Replies
      Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 1:49 PM by Moitah
      rnantes Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I get a few seconds delay intermittently when playing or skipping a song (even ones downloaded). This functionality works perfectly in the native music app or the control centre widget. Even the "Adding Content To Apple Music" sample code app is very laggy. This bug needs to fixed because it makes users think the app is frozen, thus ruining the app user experience.

Please submit your own bug reports to apple if you are having this problem so we can get this issue resolved faster!

• Re: Delay When Playing or Skipping Songs
          davenorfleet Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Same here when trying to play a different track by setting "nowPlayingItem". Seems the lag has gotten even worse in the last iOS point update. I've filed a bug report and have tried everything I can think of to make the process smoother. But as of now, my users' satisfaction level is going further down and I don't know how to get answers regarding the status (or even recognition) of the issue.

If anyone finds and answer or has more info to share, please chime in!

wasp898 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hey guys. Am I crazy or it is working now?

Without upgrading the phone, my app doesn't present the lag anymore

I can play/pause without freezes, yay. Hope it lasts. No idea what happened. Please check.

P.S. I did submit the bug report around 10 days ago

davenorfleet Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I don't see a fix I occasionally get a less than 8 second freeze, so I suppose that's a tiny improvement. Are you still seeing no freeze at all?

wasp898 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

No Dave, I'm so sorry, it was a false alarm I guess. No idea what actually happened but it was working, I swear!

Now it's back to the usual. I am also not able to reproduce exactly what I did that time.

My guess is that the system had cleared Music.app from the memory, or something similar. Force closing the app doesn't automatically do that anymore apparently, in fact when you start Music.app again it loads immediately, which means that it's already available in memory.

It's just a guess because I really don't understand what happened otherwise...