Unable to upload binary with Xcode 9.2

I just updated to Xcode 9.2 through the App Store and now I can't upload my binaries to iTunes because of the following error

iTunes Store Operation Failed

ERROR ITMS-90534: "Invalid Toolchain. New apps and app updates must be built with the public (GM) versions of Xcode 6 or later, macOS, and iOS SDK or later. Don't submit apps built with beta software including beta macOS builds."

Clearly I am using the GM build since I got it from the App Store, I'm guessing this is because Xcode 9.2 was released today and the servers are still updating but how am I supposed to upload my binary which contains a very important bug fix now? I can't get Xcode 9.1 from the App Store so I can't just use the old version to build and submit my binary.

Anyone else incurring into this problem?

Replies

This seems to be a routine snag, with two ways to react.

One is to simply wait for the store to be updated on the backend so that 9.2 is cleared for submittal (day or two), the other is to use v9.1 - if you don’t have a working copy of 9.1, **** out v9.2, grab v9.1 from more dev downloads for a manual install, make a clean build and go again.

It seems Apple just pushed beta version of Xcode to App Store (and downloads site). Well...

>seems Apple just pushed beta version of Xcode to App Store

Copy that. I’d luv to see Apple move away from distributing parallel Xcodes - release _and_ beta. Stop the trailing ‘release’ version completely, designate the beta as ‘release' and configure the store to allow it’s use. Permanently.

We already had access to an Xcode that supported iOS 11.2…let us use it. Make it the new normal. Stop juking around with make-work tools.

After all, Apple has been treating Xcode as a permanent beta for some time now, so why not just go all in. Seems like devs either see rapid Xcode updates, or suffer a dry spell.

Note:

• Xcode 7.3.1 dropped on May 2, 2017 - twelve weeks later followed by Xcode 8 Sept 11.
  • From Sept. 11 to Oct. 30, devs saw eleven Xcodes (v 8.x ~ 9.x) in just seven weeks.
  • After 9.1 Oct. 30, it was five weeks to 9.2

That's just nuts...and it's just the releases devs see. If Apple wants to play around with mixed tools in the lab, fine, but this habit of injecting whack-a-mole into the already complex store process for devs needs to go away.

I am having that exact issue TODAY (March 16, 2018) with an app that is built using Xcode Version 9.2 (9C40b). I uploaded an earlier build using the exact SAME setup (Xcode, macOS, even hardware) just last night. I am stuck behind this stupid wall b/c of I don't know what?

Can anyone help me figure out what the solution may be?

The original problem in this thread was that 9.2 was too new and the store hadn't been updated to know about it. An all too common sequence.

The current problem, however, is out of the blue - which still doesn't make it right tho

The only thing I see that changed is iOS 11.3 beta 6 dated today, Mar. 16.

Everyone with -new- Xcode 9.2 issues should be filing bugs against the backend now, I think. Maybe they tried to sneak in a quick shutdown until they pull a few related levers behind the curtain. Maybe the intern switched the power strip off at the wall. Wouldn't be the first time in any case.