Why in Xcode 9, iOS 11, menu bar button item is dim after show segue to another view and then returning back, this behavior just started recently

Why in xcode 9, iOS 11, menu bar button item is dim after show segue to another view and then returning back, this behavior just started recently.

A Menu bar button named Help segues to another view that has an image view and a text view.

Using the navigation bar back returns to the first view.

The first view's Help button is now dim but it still will segue again.

This behaviour just started recently.

Accepted Reply

I am seeing the same behaviour for bar button items. It used to work without dimming prior to iOS 11.2

Replies

I am seeing the same behaviour for bar button items. It used to work without dimming prior to iOS 11.2

Agree, same effect here.

Button dimmed after segue, but still enabled and working as should.

I'm have the same issue. Didn't happen until I updated xcode. But why is that marked as the answer? I spent 4 hours yesterday coming over every detail and I really don't think I over looked anything. I am some way new to coding hut this behavior doesn't seem normal.

I checked the same version of the app on an older iPad running 9.3.5 that had been installed with Xcode 8 and the buttons do not get dim.

I installed the same version of the app on the older iPad running 9.3.5 with Xcode 9.2 and the buttons do not go dim.

It seems that the buttons only go dim with iOS 11.

Yes, not sure why that answer is marked as correct. Did you happen to find the root cause for this issue ******?

I noticed this about a week ago. It must have happened very recently as was running fine on earlier version of ios11. Initially I thought I had made an error but ran a known earlier version of my app to verify- definitely a bug in last two releases.

Mee too I have the same problem, iOS 11.2, XCode Version 9.2 (9C40b), macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29).

Anyway I get the bug on the simulator only. On my iPhone 6S with iOS 11.2, compiling against 9.3 to 11.2, the problems doesn't show up at all.

However, Apple please fix it. Thanks.

I have same behaviour starting with iOS 11.2. Sat down to fix it yesterday, but now realising that it's iOS problem - hoping for update soon.

I am seeing the same result using XCode 9.2 (9C40b) ans iOS 11.2.2 on both my iPhone 6 and the simulators!

I also receive the same behavior in iOS 11.2 with Xcode Version 9.2 (9C40b)