conversion from 33khz -> device native 48khz is noisey through audio graph

I have an AU graph set up with the following:

AUNode outputNode;

AUNode preMixerConvertNode;

AUNode mixerNode;

AUNode postMixConvertNode;

Im doing RemoteIO and brining in audio from an AAC stream that I pre convert to PCM using another function.

I take the input ASBD from the PCM stream and assocaiate that as the in format for the premixer-converter node

then I take a new ASBD and set as the output format from the premixer-converter node... I then use this output ASBD as the following format type for the rest of the graph chain.

Audio sounds great if I am streaming in 48K and playing back on iphone 7+ which is native 48K sample rate.

But if I switch input to 33 or 44.1 I hear choppy ness.

If I swithc devices to a iphone 6 where native sample rate is 44.1 and stream in 44.1 it all sounds good as well... but if I swithc input source to some other type: 33 or 48 it sounds bad.

If I use a straight get AudioUnitNextComponent and dont have a AUGraph it also sounds all fine doing cross sample rates, but then I lose the ability to have an AUMixer in the stack so that is not allowed.

Thoughts?

Replies

Send in a bug report with code that can reproduce the problem if you can. There have been a number of reports, here and elsewhere, of odd issues with the resampler when using any sample rates other than 48k on the iPhone 6s and newer devices.