Critical bug in Navigation Bars

Hi, guys. I've found a critical bug in Navigation Bars on Xcode 9.1 and Xcode 9.2 Beta, but I need someone to test it to know if it is a bug or something is wrong on my computer. The problem is that you can't access the Navigation Item of a Navigation Bar from Interface Builder when the View Controller is the Detail View of a Split View Controller. To make it easy for you, here are the steps to reproduce the bug:

- Open Xcode 9.1 or 9.2 Beta

- Create a new project with the Master-Detail template

- Try to add a Bar Button Item to the Navigation Bar of the Detail view (the Detail view is embedded in a Navigation Controller)

If you can't add the button, or click on the bar to change the title, you have the same problem I have. If you erase the Detail View Controller segue, the Navigation Bar becomes available, which shows that the problem is when the Navigation Controller is the Detail view of a Split View Controller.

This is a critical bug because it makes impossible to create applications with a Split View Controller. But it only happens in Xcode 9.1 or Beta. I installed Xcode 9.0 and now the problem is solved. It is unreal because I can't believe that nobody at Apple noticed this problem, so I need someone's confirmation before filing a bug.

Thanks

Replies

I'm seeing this on 9.2 as well. Was this fixed?