App Missing from Settings -> Notifications list

Hi

We are receiving myriad complaints from members that our app is now missing from Settings -> Notifications, and so our members cannot receive push notifications any longer.

Previously we thought that this was related to users denying us notification permissions during first run, but we are now seeing this reported from long-time users who recently auto-upgraded.

We are telling them to delete and reinstall and that (generally) fixes the issue. However, we would like this issue never to happen -- what is causing this, and/or what work-arounds can we implement to ensure we continue to appear in the notifications center?

Thanks,

Eric

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of esilverberg Down vote post of esilverberg
39k views
  • Hello,

Same issue here. I'm using an iPhone 7 and iPad (6th generation) both running iOS 14.7.1. Any fix?

• I was facing the same issue with some of the app notifications. Went through this forum to ignorer to fix it. I 'Reset all settings' and now all of my apps are not visible in the notification style. How do I fix this???

I'm using iPhone 13 iOS 15.3

• is there a solution to find the disappearing apps that we want to attain notifications? It's not showing up on my iPhone 13 neither. If there's a simple solution other than "reset settings" which I did and my apps are still not showing up in the settings notification. Thank you, Tena

Replies

Hi,

our testers reported similar issue after doing the "Reset all settings" in settings app. After the reset, our app isn't in the notifications menu and in "allow #<app> to access" list, isn't the notifications option either. Reinstall seems to do the job but that's not an optimal solution.

Hello,

Anyone resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem where our App is missing from Notifications section.

Hi all, I have the same issue with an IPhone 12 & iOS 14.7 No Notifications option / toggle after installing an app.

Any fix here? I have the same issue on iPhone 8 and iOS 14.7.1.

Hello,

Same issue here. I'm using an iPhone 7 and iPad (6th generation) both running iOS 14.7.1. Any fix?

I have the same issue. App that I have been using for years suddenly stopped sending notifications. I found that the app is no longer in the Notifications Settings. I have tried restarting. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Nothing seems to fix the problem. This is on an iPad. iPhone is fine. I have also tried doing an iCloud sync.

Hi, I have the same problems with io 15.5 on the iPhone 12 Pro.

After “resetting all settings” due to Spotlight search issues (now fixed) I do not see any third party app in the notification menu.. unless the app is not “requesting” again to allow notifications then the only solution is to reinstall the app.. is there any upcoming fix available? The issue seems very old and never addressed before..

Hi, I have the same issue. After "resseting all settings" due to a heating problem I can´t see some apps in the notification tab (like WhatsApp) and when I firstly opened it, it didn't ask permission for notifications.

My iPhone is also the 12 Pro with ios 15.1.1.

Hello!!

I had the similar problem with Notifications in my iPhone and when I reset my location and privacy settings all apps started to request for permissions. Once I accept the permissions, I started to see apps in Settings-> Notifications.

Hope this helps.

• Shyam6283, Kindly state the steps you did to see all your apps in the Notification Section. What do you mean by I reset my location and privacy settings for all apps? How did you even get to reset location?

• Hi @MrTee100, I am using iPhone X and I am on iOS 15.1. I tried many options but the one worked for me is to reset Location and Privacy. (Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Location and Privacy).

Once the reset is done, I restarted the phone. Now when I open any app it will ask for all permissions including notifications.

• Fantastic thanks a lot for the info

Upgraded my phone from 6s to 12 pro, notifications missing in settings for several apps.

Reset location and privacy and bingo!

(Worked Solution)  I am using iPhone X and I am on iOS 15.1. I tried many options but the one worked for me is to reset Location and Privacy. (Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Location and Privacy).Once the reset is done, I restarted the phone. Now when I open any app it will ask for all permissions including notifications.

• This is the perfect answer for notification issues in WhatsApp and Instagram! Reset only "Location and privacy settings" and voila!

Add a Comment

Hi,

I am on IOS15.1, iPhone Xs, I have done, network and privacy reset, all reset - now whatsapp is under the notification tabs but its still not receiving the notifications alert.

• It works after Rebooting iPhone

• Did you manage to make it work, after Resetting Privacy? I had your same issues and, even though the App showed up again under Notifications (and everything was set correctly), still I was not receiving notifications. For Whatsapp I solved it just by Deleting and Reinstalling the app. Very annoying. Gmail and Slack are still not working, and I might do the same thing, I mean deleting and reinstalling the app. This is no sense, and very annoying. Apple, what's going on? How is that possible?

Add a Comment

Reset Location & Privacy seems to work:

(Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Location and Privacy)

Please do not reset all setting or reinstall your apps. Do this below;

Settings>General>Transfer or Reset Iphone>Reset Now tap on the last option 'Reset Location & Privacy' Input your passcode Then hit 'Reset Settings'

Now open your app, it will prompt you to allow notification. It will show you in the notification list.

Your welcome :)

Settings>General>Transfer or Reset Iphone>Reset Now tap on the last option 'Reset Location & Privacy' Then hit 'Reset Settings' Now open your app, it will prompt you to allow notification. It will show you in the notification list. Your welcome :)

• This work for me except the App Store app. It still missed in the Notification section. There’s no prompt when I open the App Store app.

• Problem is that even though it appears back under Notification settings, actually the push notifications are not working (despite all the setting are correct to be received). How can Apple let some mayor issue like this one, not fixed?

Add a Comment

Still the same issue. Very annoying. I tried Resetting Privacy, and despite that made appear again the Apps under Notifications, it didn't solve the issue that I was not getting notifications. And it seems that the only way is to delete and reinstall again the apps affected. Obviously this doesn't make sense and it's super annoying. Imagine to do that for all your important apps, with the need to re-setting all the apps and data again. Apple, how couldn't you fix this issue yet?