StoreLegacy: Failed to renew receipt for application at path /Applications/<App> : 'The operation couldn’t be completed. 500317'

I would like to be able to create a 'Beta' version of my macOS App Store App to send to a customer so I'm first just trying to make it work on another Mac that I have available to test with. I have followed the directions in "Exporting Your App for Testing (Mac)" including adding the UUID to the list of devices, and including it in the Team Provisioning Profile. Then I Archive and "Export a Development-signed Application" and sign with my Development account and then Mac Team Provisioning Profile. (In which I can see that it contains the needed Hardware UUID). I'm just using the XCode defaults here.

When I run it on the friends Mac, they are prompted to sign in with their Apple ID, but then they get the ubiquitous "This Application is Damaged" popup and it won't run. In the console I get the subject message including:

default 09:10:10.964192 -0800 storeassetd ISStoreURLOperation: Chose not to retry after error: Error Domain=ISErrorDomain Code=500317 "500317" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=500317}

default 09:10:10.964320 -0800 storeassetd FetchReceiptOperation: Failed, Error Domain=ISErrorDomain Code=500317 "500317" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=500317}

default 09:10:12.731630 -0800 storelegacy StoreLegacy: Failed to renew receipt for application at path /Applications/DiveLogDT.app : 'The operation couldn’t be completed. 500317'

I have tried the same experiment using the shipping Bundle version and Bundle version short, also bumping both versions, and also creating a new App release instance in iTunesConnect that matches the new "Bundle version string, short", and none of that made a difference, I still got the same console errors.

Any thoughts on what this error message means or suggestions on how I can create test versions of my macOS App?

Replies

Having the same issue, any news?

Yes. In this case, the user must use a Sandbox Test User Apple ID, *not* their own Apple ID which was

not clear to me at the time. Also, I have found that the user needs to log out of the Mac App Store

with their own Apple ID in order to be able to even enter the Sandbox Test User Apple ID when requested.

However, the Sandbox Test User accounts are Country specific. So you need a Sandbox Test User per country. And

right now, I have very similar error messages for a user in a new country. Am probably going to have to

use another DTS request to figure it out.

Good Luck