iPhone X: popViewController in NavigationBar not working

Hi Guys 🙂

I have a weird problem with my navigationController on the iPhone X Device and Simulator.

<view 1><view 2>

I use a navigationcontroller and push View 2 on View 1. If I tap the navigationBars backButton (to go back to View 2), nothing happens. I see, that the Button is in selectedState, but the app is hanging. There is no! crash. The App is running, but the UI is frozen.

I debugged the App:

When I tap the button

1. View 2, viewWillDisappear is called

2. View 1, viewWillAppear is called

and now it stoppes. ViewDidDisappear(View2) is not called, ViewdidAppear(View1) is not called ether.

I don't know whats going wrong here. Its only on iPhone X....The implementation works on all oher iPhones - it doesn't matter if its iOS 10 oder iOS 11- it works as expected.

Do you have the same behavior or a solution?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Replies

Ahha, been fighting the same bug myself and narrowed it down to the same behavior.

However, it works every time on the simulator for me, but always fails on the device.

In the debugger it just seems to disappear off somewhere and never comes back into the viewDidAppear or viewDidDisappear methods.

For me its just between 2 viewcontrollers....all other viewcontroller are working well.

I'm in contact to Apple Support, but they need a Testproject....and what happend? In new created testprojekt, I cannot reproduce it. But I cannot send them my whole project. Do you have a testproject to reproduce? Maybe I can use it to talk with the support

I can reproduce in my originally project in Simulator and on device. After update the device to 11.1.2 it work in some very rare times.

For me its important to fix it - it is an important part of my projekt - but I don't know why.

Unfortunately, I don't have a test project or the actual iPhone X. Also, I'm having to beg some testing time with a mate 🙂. My app is pretty complex with a lot of custom UI and no autolayout etc. It's a weather app with emitters, moving backgrounds, custom controls etc

Going from A->B is fine, but B->A hangs, all the on screen animation is working fine. It just never loads A.

I did move all my logic out of ViewDidDisappear and into ViewWillDisappear. Hoping to get some testing time in the next day or so.

It almost seems to me to be some sort of 'deadly embrace' - A is waiting on B and B is waiting on A for something, and therefore nothing moves forward.

Hi,

I've still got the issue, have you had any luck?

Scott

same problem. any solution? totally do not know what's going on here