Could not start debugserver on

Hi all,

today I got an iPhone X but when I try to get debugging working on the device I get the Error message:

Could not start debugserver on "dev name" when trying to launch "app name"

The app gets installed but it does not start.

What cause this problme?

Could it be caused by my restore from an iPhone 6?

Kind regards

Ralph

Replies

Are you using the latest Xcode? Try disconnecting the iPhone from your Mac, and then reboot the iPhone. Once it has rebooted, unlock the iPhone and connect it to your Mac. If it still doesn't work file a bug report using the 'Report Bug' in the bottom right of this page.

it also happend to me after upgrading iPad Pro to iOS 11.2. Steps by MrBit fixed the issue.

After reboot my iPhone 6s. the phone got the error "Could not start debugserver on "dev name" when trying to launch "app name"

then I reboot my iPhone again, the phone got the error again.the method steps no use.

After update my mac system fixed the issue.

This happened to me because I used the beta version of Xcode 9.2 and installed the app on my device with it. When I returned to the current Xcode app (not the beta) and tried to run the same app on my device, I was getting this error message. Simply remove the app installed on your device and let the app reinstall from the current Xcode app. Everything should be working fine.

I have faced same errors when i build my app. The device info as below:

MacBook Air: macOS Sierra v10.12.6 Xcode: v9.2 (9C40b) iPadAir: iOS14.5

The error message: Could not start debugserver on “” when trying to launch “”. My app only a new created app. There have nothing code.

1. I have reopen the Xcode;
  2. I have reinstall the app;

3)I have reopen the Mac

But all have failed again. So I don't know how to solve.

If you can please tell me . Thanks a lot.