help - reports of "The app is no longer available in the App Store"

I've had a handful of customers email me with this problem - they have new iPhoneX devices and are updating their apps, but mine (which hasn't been updated in over a year) is generating this error.

They get an alert with the text "The app is no longer available in the App Store" with options to Keep or Delete.

If the user then goes to the App Store they can download and install the app in a roundabout manner. Here's what one customer reported when I sent him a link to my app in the App Store:

even more weird - without uninstalling the “other” one I click get on the app store link you sent and it asks me to login which I do - it starts downloading and then all of a sudden goes back to a “get” button. So I deleted the “other” one and then tried to download and instead of asking me to login it wanted me to double click a button and then it installed…

By "other one" I think he means the one that he must have been reinstalling from a backup or restore on his new device. He sent me a screenshot of the Alert and I can see my App icon with the "installing" overlay in the background.

I don't have an iPhoneX to test on, and I've had this reported by a few customers now.

Ideas?

Replies

Are you sure your app is iOS 11 compatible? (i.e., 64-bit)?

Yes; it IS 64bit compatible. The app does NOT appear in the iOS 10 "App Compatability" screen. Plus, the app works correctly once installed via the App Store.