watch 4.2 beta 3 not showing

I installed 11.2 beta 3 on my iphone but can't get 4.2 beta 3 to show on the watch. I (re)installed the profile, and booted the watch. It still says its software is up to date, but it's 4.2 beta 2. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Reply

I made a stupid error. The difference between the description and the download button of iOS beta 3 vs iOS beta 3 made me think thar the watch button would give me the release notes and that I should press the iOS download button and send it to the watch. This, of course, installed the iPhone profile on my watch..... I downloaded the watch beta 4 profile and now everything works! Thanks for everyone’s help! Tom

Replies

Did you install the beta watch profile to the watch (and not the phone)? A restart of both iphone and watch may be required afterwards (although I thought it forced a device restart when the profile is installed.)

Yes. I’ve installed and reinstalled the profile many times and do reset both devices. Still no luck today.

Still no update so I thought I'd submit a software update bug report. Well it asked for some logs so I followed the instructions to get the log reports which told me to install a logging profile which I did. I reset the watch. The instructions said to go to settings then logging on my watch, but there is no logging setting on my watch so I guess either the instructions were wrong and logging does not need to be enabled on the watch or my watch isn't handling profiles properly, but I've sort of hit a dead end. Help?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi tompanderson,

Thanks for trying to install the profiles to get extra logging. Sorry you ran into some trouble. 😟

You shouldn't need to change any other settings after installing the profile on your Apple Watch. Try following these instructions:

https://download.developer.apple.com/iOS/watchOS_Logs/sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf

It should just be:

- install profile on Watch

- restart Watch

- reproduce issue of not being offered Beta 3

- tigger sysdiagnose

- sync over co-sysdiagnose from iPhone

- send it up along with your bug report

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

-nick

I made a stupid error. The difference between the description and the download button of iOS beta 3 vs iOS beta 3 made me think thar the watch button would give me the release notes and that I should press the iOS download button and send it to the watch. This, of course, installed the iPhone profile on my watch..... I downloaded the watch beta 4 profile and now everything works! Thanks for everyone’s help! Tom