Upgrading Xcode (any apple support around to help?)

I am using El Capitain 10.11.6

I have attempted to update XCode via App Store.

I clicked "Update" button and spinner appears on the top left corner (near arrow) and it spins forever and nothing seems to happen.

I have also tried to download via developer.apple.com BUT somehow I need to verify my email to download XCode.

So, I am redirected to appleid.apple.com and despite following the instructions, and receiving an email from Apple with a code, on input of the code, I get an error message saying "The email address is not available. Choose a different address"... clearly you have a bug. I am trying to verify my email, and I receive an email from your system.

Can someone please HELP fixing this.

You clearly have a bug on appleid.apple.com.

And it is annoying to have to answer security questions each time you login to appleid.apple.com.

And just because my email is not verified I can't do anything. I can't even log an issue. I had to log an issue here.

Replies

i can help

can this help ?: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/25920

if not help, can we do it over Teamview?

can you update to last version? 10.13.1 (17B48)

Best Regards

Frederik L. Frandsen

Your reply does not help at all

I have upgraded my Mac OS to 10.13.1 yet XCode is still version 7.3 and didnt detect it needs to update itself.

THE PROBLEM IS you are forcing people to have a verified email to download XCode, yet you have a BUG on appled id that stops me verifying my email.

And App Store on the Mac is a joke, you cannot update from there either. It keeps spinning and does nothing.

The standard at Apple is falling down. It is really sad.

Can someone FIX the bug on Apple ID?

How you send an email with a code, and tell the user after they input the code that there are using the wrong email address. THIS IS A BUG.

I can't be the only one with this issue. Test your site.