Got my app to top 30, but can't change IAP price!

Through a lot of hard work and hustle, I was able to get my app featured on a major review sites. Along with some marketing campaign such as a free promotion for the IAPs, i was able to get the app up to top 30 in my cateogory. The free promotion ended today, so I changed the IAP price back to their normal price hoping to get some conversions from the increased traffic. However, It's been over 8 hours since I set the price back, but the IAP in the app is still showing it as free 😟

In the mean time, the app is no longer featured on the review site, so the ranking is going down. I was hoping to leverage the increased traffic and convert them to sales, but I don't know why it taking so long for the IAP price change to be reflected in the app. When I set it to free a couple days ago, the change seemed to take effect within an hour or so.

Sigh... feels like all this hard work with marketing has gone down the drain.

Replies

The price change reset ranking etc.. Give it a bit longer, and if the backend still hasn't propagated the new pricing, use the Contact Us tree via iTunes Connect to ask why.

Next time it floats high, leave it alone 😉

We're experiencing this same issue. Price updates that used to take a few minutes are now taking 10+ hours to complete. We routinely feature sales on our in-app purchase items and have been making price changes almost daily for over four years. This behavior is new within the last two days, so I'm sure it's a bug on Apple's end.

Please reach out to Developer Support and let them know that you are experiencing this too. The more devleopers that reach out, the greater chance we have to getting this fixed quickly.

I also wanted to mention that this only appears to be an issue on the live system. Sandbox and TestFlight apps show the correct price, so many developers may not be aware this is an active issue until they check their earnings reports.

I'm wondering if you can legally hold apple responsible for the delay in pricing? if you could calculate some kind of damages or injury, you might have a case for small claims if you live in the bay area.

is there any legal verbage in the contract? or maybe push them to give you a boost in rankings to where you were before your app sunk? or maybe re-brand? re-launch?

i wonder if you could hook into google ads?

i'm interested to know how did you decide to go with ads vs fixed price? i'm on the fence about this with my games coming out. younger kids don't seem to minds ads popping up, tracking what you do. ads annoys me to no end.