Updating / Installing app impossible for part of our users

We received several reports from users that are not able to update or install our app. Most of them claim to use the iPhone 7.

We have been using three different iPhone 7s to test installations and updates using the Apple App Store and this are the results:

iPhone 7 #1: Both installation and update of the app works fine

iPhone 7 #2: Installation of the app is impossible. Users just get an error message that the app is not installable at the moment, but no reasons.

iPhone 7 #3: Both installation and update of the app works fine

Does anybody have an idea what could lead to these results? Is there some device log for Apples App Store that could contain error messages or similar?

The problems started to appear shortly after iOs 11 and its new app store got released, but most users claiming to have the issue said they were using iOs 10.3.

The only thing that I could remotely imagine to be linked to this issue is that this is a project for a client that runs their own iTunes account. They sent me a Ad Hoc profile that I use to upload new app versions using Application Loader. But then I would expect this to affect all users and not just a few.

Any insights or idea will be welcome, I can't even remotely imagine why the App Store gives us these troubles. We still need a fix asap, those 1 star ratings where people blame us for Apples App Store download/upgrade issues are destroying the apps rating.

Replies

hmmm - an ad-hoc install frequently replicates a store install.

>a client that runs their own iTunes account.

Not sure how that differs from any other user, unless you mean they don't use the app store...can you shed light?