dyld: Symbol not found with XCode 9.1 deploying on iOS 8.4 simulated device

Hello,

I saw differents questions with the "dyld: Symbol not found" but I didn't find any working answer yet.
In my case the error looks like :

dyld: Symbol not found: ___NSDictionary0__

Referenced from: /Users/*name*/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/9FAC1858-A156-4ED3-9F4A-7D4DBCAAD31D/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/9BD8EC91-5794-48DB-92F1-76BE81C73CCF/MyApp.app/MyApp

Expected in: /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 8.4.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation

in /Users/*name*/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/9FAC1858-A156-4ED3-9F4A-7D4DBCAAD31D/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/9BD8EC91-5794-48DB-92F1-76BE81C73CCF/MyApp.app/MyApp

The same app is working if I use a simulated device with iOS > 8.4

My app is made from Cordova and I use the iOS 4.4.0 platfrom. (I have no idea if the problem could come from this)

In XCode, in Project configuration, iOS deployment target is set to 8.4 and the same in Targets > Deployment Info > Deployment target is set to 8.4
I tried to disable the "Queue Debugging" in the Edit Schema options, without success.

Any suggstion is welcome.
Thanks

Replies

""dyld: Symbol not found" is not "one" problem. You need to read the rest of the output to understand what your problem is. In this case, the report indicates that it cannot find the symbol "___NSDictionary0__" which was referenced from your app and expected in CoreFoundation.framework.

__NSDictionary0__ is an internal that is emitted when you use objective-c literals, but it is not present on older versions of iOS.

Can you please file a radar at http://bugreport.apple.com and reference the radar number here? It would be great if you could also include a sample project.

Note that __NSDictionary0__ should not be used on iOS 9.0+. I suspect you have some code (eg a 3rd party static framework) that is built for a deployment target newer than iOS 8.4.