Xcode 9 App Development with Swift labs not working

I’m fairly new to Swift and have been moving through the App Development with Swift lessons after completing Intro to App Development with Swift and reached lessons 4.6 intermediate Table Views just fine. 2 days ago when loading the labs for the lesson, the playground formatting seemed to be off as everything was commented out (/*) when loading, Import Foundation which should be at the start of the form now appears somewhere in the middle. This resulted in me being unable to navigate the lab’s (next/previous), basically not usable.

Performed a clean install of MacOS Heigh Sierra on MacBook Pro 2016, reloaded Xcode 9 and downloaded a new copy of the Students Resources but the behaviour stays the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour or know what could be causing it?

Replies

I'm also experiencing this problem, but I've yet to find a solution...

Thank you, was thinking I was the cause of the problem.

I'm having the same problem using Xcode 9.1 on High Sierra, except I can't even get any output from a Blank playground with a simple print statement like print("Hello, World!"). I even downloaded the first chapter of the tour from the official site and opened it as a playground and I still get no output. The wheel just keeps spinning with the message "Running MyPlayground", but nothing ever happens.