set baseline performance test in Xcode 9

I recventy installed Xcode 9 and now I can’t seem to access the set baseline popup in my unit test files. Where do I need to click or what shoudl I do to set it?

Replies

I have the latest verion: 9.1 (9B55) running on 10.12.6 (16G1036)

In the Report Navigator, select a test run on the left, then select the Tests tab in the editor, then click the Set Baselines button at the top.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for the answer. I never used the Report Navogator before.

Unsing the "Set Baselines" button indeed works as expected. It is a bit cumbersome to update a test as Xcode switches to the Issues Navigator all the time.

I managed to get to the popup a few times (not sure how). But setting the baseline there is broken, it always sets it to zero so you get a "inf% worse" the next time you test.

It is a bit cumbersome to update a test as Xcode switches to the Issues Navigator all the time.

I’m not sure exactly what issue you’re hitting but in most cases like this you can tweak the default behaviour in Xcode > Preferences > Behaviours.

I managed to get to the popup a few times (not sure how). But setting the baseline there is broken, it always sets it to zero so you get a "inf% worse" the next time you test.

Weird. Both of these issues (inability to access the popup and the zero problem) sound bugworthy.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"