Radio app not working in watchOS 4.2

I installed the 4.2 update last night. Everything seemed like it was working great. Then I went and tried to use the radio app this morning on cellular. I keep getting an error saying that it needs to be connected to cellular or wifi for the radio app to work. However, I was connected to cellular and all the other apps are working. When I come back into my house and the watch connects to the phone the radio app works. I've tried rebooting the watch and toggling cellular off then back on but no luck.

Is anyone else having an issue with the radio app not working in 4.2? Does anyone know how to remedy this? I really don't want to have to send it in and have apple retore it.

Replies

On 4.2, album art is no longer showing up for me on Siri face.

Do you have this issue as well?

Hi applesandarrows!

Thanks for your feedback. We are investigating, but it would be very helpful to file a bug report with additional logging. Please read the instructions for sysdiagnose logging here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=watchos

Reproduce the problem as best you can and file an issue using the bug reporter. That'll help with getting important information to understand what's happening on your device. Just upload the co-sysdiagnose file along with your feedback.

Thanks!
-nick

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

the same here too. radio app does not work. only works with active wifi connection. not under LTE.

Same here. Also noticed that I cannot stream using the music app unless I'm connected to wifi - LTE no longer works. All other LTE functions, such as phone, messages, maps, find my friends, etc work fine over LTE.

After several beta updates and the problem still remaining, I called Apple Support and discovered a setting in your iPhone that needs to be enabled:

Settings>Music>Cellular Data - tap this and make sure streaming is enabled. You can also enable high quality streaming.

Hope this helps