Has anyone successfully uploaded an asset to cloudkit using .Net?

We have been working to store images in cloudkit using the asset uploading feature. We are running our web servers using the .NET framework. I have managed to do the initial request using the: POST [path]/database/[version]/[container]/[environment]/[database]/assets/upload endpoint specified here: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DataManagement/Conceptual/CloudKitWebServicesReference/UploadAssets.html.

I have recieved the response with the url to which I should upload the asset information. Upon making this request to p44-contentws.icloud.com (the issue seems to be rooted in using the 'p44-contentws' part of the url). The response I get is along the lines of "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.".

I had initially thought the issue was to do with a firewall problem which has been verified to not be the case. We have also got this working in a postman request and recieved the appropriate response. So the question remains, is .NET supported by the cloudkit asset upload process? Has anybody else got a working example of this request? Is this a known issue?