Trouble with plain Audio Unit template

Hello,

I've already played around with the AudioUnitv3 example project and managed to build it and see the Audio Unit in both OS X and iOS using different applications: GB, the included AUv3Host. And I can see the AudioUnit in the list of AU's in the AUv3Host and the AU Lab AU Manager window. So, I know it works.

I decided to try writing my own OS X (not iOS, though that will come later) Audio Unit by using the Audio Unit template in Xcode 9.0.1.

I created an empty project to which I added an Audio Unit Target by simply selecting the correct template and specifying that I wanted an Objective-C-based AudioUnit target. I built the project and verified there were no errors on build and then ran it by selecting the "AUv3Host" application (I built earlier) from the "Choose an app to run" dialog.

The problem: The AU does not show up in the list of available Audio Units 😟 I also don't see it in GB or in AU Lab's AU Manager app. I verified that I could still see the AU generated by AudioUnitv3.

I've actually tried doing a swift-based AU and I'm encountering the same problem.

I've posted the code on my github account. The manufacturer is set to "m501" and the AU Name is "SimpleFilter" under the aufx type.

https://github.com/rcadena/autest

My current os is: 10.12.6, GarageBand 10.2.0

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.