Using Apple TV 4K with tvOS 11.2 beta 1 with Xcode

Hi.

I cannot pair my Apple TV 4K through Xcode since I've updated it to tvOS 11.2 beta 1 (15K5085b).

And could not use it in Xcode after the tvOS either, which is why I tried it to pair it again.

The latest available Xcode is Xcode 9.1 beta 2 (9B46).

It does not work either with Xcode 9.01 release (9A1004).

Has Apple forgotten to publish a new Xcode beta, is it a tvOS bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :-)

Accepted Reply

Xcode 9.2 beta 2 is now available for download, which contains a fix for this issue.

Please download and launch Xcode 9.2. beta 2, and you should see an "Installing Components" window appear during first launch, which will install a fix for the wireless pairing issue.

Afterwards, you should be able to pair and use your Apple TV running tvOS 11.2 beta 1 and 2 normally for wireless development. Note that upgrading your Apple TV from a previous tvOS 11 version to tvOS 11.2 will force a re-pair for wireless develoment.

Replies

Same here. Running 9.0.1 and 11.1 public beta and cannot pair Apple TV.

Xcode 9.0.1 (9A1004) and 9.1 beta 2 (9B46) don't appear to have the device support files for tvOS 11.2.

Same here. Update caused my not to be able to use HDR via my receiver even though it's more than capable and worked fine before. Now I can't even get the provisioning file on the apple tv after a reset nor can I reset it to factory.

FYI this is not limited to Apple TV 4K, it also happens with Apple TV 4th gen

Xcode 9.2 beta is now available for development and pairing with tvOS 11.2.

Please file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com and attach a sysdiagnose for the HDR issue. You'll need download/install Xcode 9.2 beta for pairing/device usage with tvOS 11.2.

✅ thanks

Installed XCode 9.2 beta (on macOS 10.13.2 beta) and it still does not work .😟

What is not working? Are you not able to pair? Hvae you successfully paired before?

Hi!

Yes. I do have the same issue. After tvOS 11.2 was installed I can't pair macbook even with XCode 9.2 beta. (macOSX 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c))

During pairing, Xcode returns an error: An error was encountered while attempting to communicate with this device. (The value is missing.)

I am getting the same error. Still can not get it to pair to my imac. This is why the usbc should have stayed on the device. I filed a bug and I've heard nothing back.

I get a communicaion error after trying to pair. The Apple TV looks as if the pairing had been successful.

The exact error message on the Mac in Xcode is "An error was encountered while attempting to communicate with this device. (The value is missing)"

Yes I successfully paired before. (with tvOS 11 and tvOS11.1 beta).

SInce I have updated tvOS, macOS and Xcode (to 11.2 beta, 10.13.2 beta and 9.2 beta) I do not know what causes the issue.

I have unpaired the Mac and Apple TV (the Mac does appear as a paired device on the Apple TV after a failed pairing attempt) re-installed macOS, removed all other Xcode versions, deleted Xcode defaults, manually installed Xcode beta's additional components, downloaded iTunes 12.7.1 again (as said ix Xcode 9.2 beta release notes) with no success.

I finally filed a bug report.

Has anyone managed to successfully pair:

- an Apple TV 4K running tvOS 11.2 beta,

- with a Mac running macOS 10.13.2 beta and Xcode 9.2 beta?

- or with a Mac running another version of macOS or Xcode?

Thanks in advance.

For those who have filed a bug report on this - what is the bug number?

For those who haven't filed a bug report, can you please take a sysdiagnose from both your Mac and Apple TV, file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com and let me know the number?

Hi.

I filed bug report 35290944, and included Apple TV and Mac sysdiagnoses.

Please note that my Apple TV could not find my Mac via Airdrop, so I had to airdrop the Apple TV's sysdiagnose to my iPhone 6s running iOS 11.2 beta, which worked OK.

Can you double check you uploaded a Mac sysdiagnose, and re-upload if needed?