Ask to Buy in Sandbox Environment

We are implementing IN-App purchase with Auto Renewal subscription in the app. We have requirement to restrict IN-App purchase with Parental approval.

We have setup two Sandbox users one for parent and other for child. We have setup the Family group and enabled AskToBuy option for Child id.

We are using SwiftyStoreKit framework for in app purchase. And we have set the simulatesAskToBuyInSandbox = true for SKMutablePayment object

when i tap the Ask button in "Ask permission" alert, the update transaction method is getting called in SwiftyStoreKit framework and I am receiving the transaction state is Deferred.

During our testing in Sandbox environment we have observed an issue.

We have purchased a subscription with Child user id on confirmation we get the “Ask Permission” alert. We select the Ask option but observed an issue.

Issue 1: We are not getting the “Awaiting Approval..your request was sent and is waiting approval from a parent. They can also approve it in person on this device”.

Issue 2: Parent id is not receiving any notification/mail to accept or reject from the child request

We have checked the Apple documentation and forum and couldn’t find solution to this issue.

Appreciate support on resolving the issue.

Replies

> when i ..... the update transaction method is getting called .... the transaction state is Deferred.............We are not getting the “ (some alert message) ”.Issue 2: Parent id is not receiving....

I am unfamiliar with the alert message and a signal that the App Store sends to the parent; they may be new or they may not actually exist. But....

Issue the alert yourself when you get this deferred transaction state and tell the user to ask their parents.

Thanks for your reposne,

I am not getting this below alert after tap the Ask in Ask permission alert, and the parent is also not getting the approval from child.

"Awaiting Approval your request was sent and is waiting approval from a parent. They can also approve it in person on this device"

Hi Karthika,

I need your help. I have created a family group on the iCloud by using my real Apple ID with credit card information and invited a sandbox tester account. Then it sends an invitation to the sandbox tester account and I need to use the sandbox tester account to accept the invitiation.

How could I accept the invitation for a sandbox tester account?

Please advise.

Thank you.