How to move the Legal label in MKMapView in iOS 11

The "Legal" label/button that shows in the bottom-left of the MKMapView is occluded by other content in my app. Previously I was able to move that label above my content by using the layoutMargins property. That doesn't work in iOS 11. I've also tried directionalLayoutMargins and additionalSafeAreaInsets with no luck. Is there a way to do this in iOS 11?

Here is the code which I've tried:

let occludedHeight = self.view.bounds.height - bottomCoveringView.frame.minY
let labelOffset = occludedHeight + 10
if #available(iOS 11, *) {
  mapView.directionalLayoutMargins = NSDirectionalEdgeInsets(top: 0, leading: 0, bottom: labelOffset, trailing: 0)
  self.view.directionalLayoutMargins = NSDirectionalEdgeInsets(top: 0, leading: 0, bottom: labelOffset, trailing: 0)
  self.additionalSafeAreaInsets = UIEdgeInsets(top: 0, left: 0, bottom: labelOffset, right: 0)
  mapView.preservesSuperviewLayoutMargins = true
} else {
  mapView.layoutMargins = UIEdgeInsets(top: 0, left: 0, bottom: labelOffset, right: 0)
}

Replies

Check the map's usage rights...there may be verbiage that prohibits borking the legal label(s).

Same here. If there is a safe solution to this, would love to hear about it.
The position of the Legal label, as well as the Apple Maps logo, adjust themselves according to the value of additionalSafeAreaInsets for the view controller managing the map view.