Twitter Fabric - TWTRTimelineViewController makes tabBarItem title and image disappear

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an iOS app using swift that has a section which draws a user's timeline. After much work, I was able to do this but for some reason I'm having an issue with the tab bar control I've used and have finally zeroed down to the Fabric SDK as the culprit (maybe I'm wrong).

My layout is like this:

Tab Bar Control (2 tabs)

1. TableViewController - has TWTRTimeLineViewController as the viewController to get a timeline
  2. Navigation View Controller - has a TableViewController that draws YouTube Channels

The problem is that (see Image) - the tab bar containing the twitter feed never displays its image or title... irrespective of it being selected or not.

I tried using a ViewController and then adding a table view to it. But that wouldn't work because I have to adhere to the required protocols (which are handled by the TWTRTimeLineViewController) and hence the application crashes. But this way, I can at least see the tab bar item image.

I've tried doing this in a fresh project and added a TWTRTimelineViewController as a ViewController and the issue occurs even when there's no code in the file. The mere reference is causing the issue.

Please help.

image: https://twittercommunity.com/t/twtrtimelineviewcontroller-hides-tab-bar-item-image/45178

Accepted Reply

Found a work around

TabBar Controller >> NavigationViewController >> TableViewController ... and it works!

Replies

Found a work around

TabBar Controller >> NavigationViewController >> TableViewController ... and it works!