Software Update Not Showing

yesrerday iOS 9 beta 3 came out. It showed up in my iPhone 6 Plus but not on my iPad mini or iPad Air 2. We've had bad problems getting iOS 9 and our backups to sync up so obviously I'm nervous about going to the developer site and grabbing it manually.

Does anyone know know why it's not showing as available in Settings-> General -> Software Updates?

meanwhile on the iPad mini we did go get it manually and just like before on the june 9th release intalling it manually wipes the device then stalls trying to put the manual backup back on the device. It took us two full days and 52 force quits to get all the apps back on and in their assigned folders the first to around not sure what to do with this now. I don't want to do the two day marathon for each beta release.

IF software update worked we wouldn't have this issue. <Grin>

Replies

Do you have a Watch OS 2 Beta profile or Public Beta profile under Settings > General > Profiles?

If so remove it and restart your iPhone.

You should be able to do the OTA.

If you had a Watch OS 2 Beta profile you can add it again by pairing with the watch after updating.

I have (had) the same issue with my iPad Air 2 - it did however show and install fine on my iPhone 6+. So I downloaded beta 3 manually and updated with option click in iTunes. As far as I know everything works and nothing to my knowledge is lost. (And I don't own an Apple Watch so perhaps that's why it went smooth)