Error for ios app: Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

I have a Ionic3 app for IoS. Until yesterday I was able to open the .xcodeproj in xcode9 and upload the app to my iphone. I have no idea what went wrong but now I get this error "Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1" and can not upload the application to phone (using cable) or archive it.

My technologies:

**cli packages**: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils : 1.15.2

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.15.2

**global packages**:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 6.4.0

**local packages**:

@ionic/app-scripts : 2.1.3

Cordova Platforms : android 6.0.0 ios 4.3.1

Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.6.0

**System**:

ios-deploy : 1.9.0

ios-sim : 6.1.2

Node : v7.3.0

npm : 3.10.10

Xcode : Xcode 9.0.1 Build version 9A1004

More details about my error:

CodeSign /Users/macbook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCordova-bsbygjyhdfcgftavbtgwrsqhgdkb/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloCordova.app

cd /Users/macbook/ionic/componentaalex3/platforms/ios

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Signing Identity: "iPhone Developer: Alex Claudiu (xxxxxxxxxxxx)"

Provisioning Profile: "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: *" (32d4f44b-xxxxxxxxxxxx.........................)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 0E9C82C58EED8DD6B6F1DAF2709E5714F67E568B --entitlements

/Users/macbook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCordova-bsbygjyhdfcgftavbtgwrsqhgdkb/Build/Intermediates.noindex/HelloCordova.build/Debug-iphoneos/HelloCordova.build/HelloCordova.app.xcent --timestamp=none

/Users/macbook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCordova-bsbygjyhdfcgftavbtgwrsqhgdkb/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloCordova.app

/Users/macbook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCordova-bsbygjyhdfcgftavbtgwrsqhgdkb/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloCordova.app: unknown error -1=ffffffffffffffff

Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

What shall I do in this situation? Do I have to make additional setup in the my Apple developer account or to change something in xcode?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Reply

Somehow I figure it out that the problem was the Keychain access. To solve the errors I had to rewrite the password as described here https://support.apple.com/ro-ro/HT201609

Replies

Did you try to clean build forlder (option clean) to clean derived data ?

May also have a look at the other thread close to this :

h ttps://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/90626

Thanks. I tried to do that (from menu Product - > Clean and then Product -> Archive) but I still get the same error.

I also tried "xattr -rc ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData" and then Product - > Clean. Nothing has changed.

In order to archive the app / upload it on my IPhone using cable should I create in the Apple Developer Account an appId in Identifiers section + an provisioning profil for my app?

Somehow I figure it out that the problem was the Keychain access. To solve the errors I had to rewrite the password as described here https://support.apple.com/ro-ro/HT201609

I had the same unknown error from codesigning that you mentioned. Similar to the answer provided (but a little different), I just locked my keychain access and unlocked it, and I was able to build and run to my device again. If anyone has the same issue, perhaps try that first before going through the trouble of modifying the keychain password.

Life Saver!!!

Any idea what caused this error, and why locking and unlocking your keychain access was the fix? Worked for me too, but someone could spend days trying to figure this out with no solution if it wasn't for this comment. Trying to figure out why this happened in the first place. Does Sierra have a timeout on keychain access for example?

Thank you soo much!!! saved me hours and lots of *more* frustration! By any chnace could you also explain why this worked???