iOS 11.1 beta 5 fails to install on 1st gen 12in iPad

The update appears to download OK, after it finishes the update it dsiplays the 'Your iPad ha been updated to iOS11.1' message but the update still appears in Settings > Software Update and the iPad OS version shows as 15B92 not 15B93. I've done the update 3 times now (and reinstalled the dev cert) with the same result. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

On my phone, iPad and ATV 4K

Same issue on my iPhone 6s

Yes, I have the same issue with an iPhone 7 Plus.

Same here. Won’t install on either iPad Air or iPad Pro.

Same on iPad Pro 10.5

(edit: but not on iPhone 8)

Attempting to use the IPSW has left me with an iPad stuck in Restore mode, be careful if you take this option!

same issue on an iPad 2017.

Same issue here with iPhone 7+, iPad Mini 5th Gen and Apple TV 4th Gen (1080p)...

I habe the exact same situation with an iPad Mini 4 The did update to Beta 4 just fine last week! this update installed on my 2016 iPad Pro 9.7 and my iPhone 7 Plus.

Amy help would be appreciated, Apple

15B93 successfully installed on iPhone 6S 64GB AT&T.

I am having the same problem with it on my iphone 7.

Seems like apple devs forgot to code the update checker correctly or uploaded a courrpted copy of the final beta 5 build.

I’ve been able to install the Beta 5 on a 2016 iPad Pro 9.7” as well as iPhone 7 Plus without any problem.

However, my iPad Mini 4 will not installthe update so it is a very weird problem that’s random across devices.

Yes, same problem trying to upgrade from beta 4 on my iPhone 6s+ 128G.

It installed but iOS dosent think it installed.

I’m seeing the same issue on iPhone 7, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPhone 6, and iPad Mini 2. Seems like the release number has not been correctly updated causing iOS to want to install again. I also noticed when about to download in some instances it says it is only 35MB and other attempts show it as approx 2GB