iPad Swift Playgrounds ev3 connection

Hello,

I would really love to control EV3 from the Swift Playgrounds, but can't make it work. I'm on Ipad Air with IOS 11.0.3 with Swift Playgrounds 1.6.1 and EV bricks with firmware 1.09E. When I try to run simple command from the EV3 playground or Amimal Rescue I get first request to connect the brick. Then I get message that EV3 is connected follwed by message "Problem Running Playground, There was a problem running this playground" . Just before that I also get message " Programming would like to communicate with LEGO MFI Accesory" With Ignore and Allow options. If i select ignore then message goes away and I get the first message. If I select Allow original Lego app is lunched. I have no issue to work with the brick from original Lego education or consumer application on Ipad or Mac. It is only Swift Plagrounds I'm having this issue.

Please do you have any idea what can I try to make it work or is it issue with Swift Playgrounds or too old Ipad ? Any help is appretiated .

Thnak you

Luke

Accepted Reply

I could fix the same issue on my iPad Pro (2016) by deleting the Mindstorms playgrounds and reloading them.

Replies

I am having the exact same problem, have you found any solutions yet? I have tried updating the frimware on the mindstorms and its not helping. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have upgraded to the iPad Pro 10.5 (latest IOS) and have still same issue. The only progress I made is, that if I pair the brick with the iPad and then turn of the discoverilibity , then playgrounds says connected, but still can’t run the code or see port view - so still no luck. I was hoping that it could be caused by old iPad , but not. Very frustrating must admit.

best regards

Luke

I could fix the same issue on my iPad Pro (2016) by deleting the Mindstorms playgrounds and reloading them.

Hi,

I had the same problem.

I solved it by uninstalling Playgrounds and reinstall the app.

Thank you very much guys! Yes it helped. I first uninstall the Playgrouds and it dind’t help, I needed also to delete the EV3 playground itself. When I did I found out that now there is new subscription model.

Onece more T H A N K YOU!

Luke