Decrease in downloas since iOS 11 new app store

My games downloads have gone from 5000 to 500 since iOS 11 and the new App Store! Has anyone seen such a dramatic decrease in their apps downloads?

Replies

Yup me too

me two!

Same here. I compared the numbers for 3 different development teams covering 8 apps in total, and here are the graphs from iTunes Connect from 1 September to 24 October: https://imgur.com/a/Bn9Ok

Exact numbers are left out, but the graphs should speak for themselves. These are not big apps and are either free or up to tier 2, but they went from hunderds per day to tens per day.

First low report is 30 September. That is 11 days after the release of iOS 11.

This is not following the iOS 11 adoption curve, obviously. Something else must be going one.

Seen something similar, sales dropping 30-50% since iOS 11. I should note I saw a similar drop (that never recovered) when iOS 7 was introduced. It seems like whenever Apple makes big architectural changes to the app store, my sales take a big hit.

The odd thing is that my category ranking has stayed about the same. That suggests that relatively speaking, my peer's apps are also seeing a sales decline. So I suspect many developers are feeling this hit. But based on how I know app sales work, I would bet that somewhere, some "big player" apps are seeing higher sales. Apple "curates" sales into where they think they should go. If you're on the benefitting end of that, enjoy it while you can.

It's an old thread but well... I was affected by this too and I still am!

My downloads decreased from 6k-5k to a 2k-1.5k. After this I updated everything to have Title/Subtitle and screenshots for Iphone X, to be completely adapted to the new store design, but nothing changed 😟

Anyone has suffered the same but has recovered?

I saw a nice spike in sales the first month of iOS11, I attribute that to the revamped bar for iMessage apps which was a huge improvement, but since then Ive seen a steady drop. I just started a separate discussion to discuss what I think is happening, but this applies mostly to iMessage devs.

Are App Store for iMessage search results limited to 40?